Great Product Polycom SoundStation 2 (Non Expandable) (2200-16000-001) (Office Product)




%product_name


Its a review about this product

Most of the recent documentation I found about this unit indicated that the optional cable required to use this unit as a microphone and speaker for a computer (for instance, for video conferencing) was included. It wasn't. It was difficult to find, too- finally found it through a few sellers back here on Amazon (you're looking for the "Computer Calling Kit for Sound STATION2 with LCD & Voicestation 500", which is part number 2200-17240-002. If you see a calling kit that ends in part number 001, it's the wrong one. I'm not sure what cable you'd have to purchase to actually connect to a cell phone like it's designed to use that plug for, but nobody local had that, either.

HOWEVER, other than that issue, the unit is FANTASTIC. I stood in the far corner of the room (out of the advertised radius) and spoke in a lowered voice, and the person at the other end said it sounded like I was holding a handset. Now, the room was empty and silent except for me, but still...I was impressed. The speaker is plenty loud, and the way the cables hook up is absolutely ideal. I couldn't find information about that ahead of time, and was expecting to have to run all the cables back and forth from the wall. Instead, I was pleased to find that a single cable runs from the giant transformer box plugged directly into the receptacle, to the unit. The telephone cable then runs from the phone plug in the wall, to another port on the transformer box. All the voice and power then run together over to the unit through the single cable. I do wish that the "Computer Calling Kit" cable could hook up at the transformer as well, but alas- I will have to run it all the way from the unit.

I absolutely recommend this unit- the sound is fantastic, and the operation logical for the end users.

Get This One Polycom SoundStation 2 (Non Expandable) (2200-16000-001) (Office Product)

%product_name