Reviews About Burning Tigris, The: The Armenian Genocide and America's Response (Hardcover)




%product_name


Its a review about this product

Before reading this book, I knew almost nothing about its subject. I found the book very persuasive in establishing that the Turkish government committed deliberate deportations and mass murders of Armenian (and other) civilians beginning in the 1890s and continuing off and on until the end of WWI. It is a real eye opener to see the familiar pattern of genocide we typically associate with Nazi Germany being used years earlier by the Turks so they could solve their "Amernian Question." There is a great deal of detail here, including photographs, and mulitple, independent eye-witness accounts of what happened. I can see no way these attrocities can be denied.However, I did find the book to drag at times. I wished for better editing because I found the author often repeating himself and I felt he began to drone on too much. Also, it is clear that this is not a stictly objective study of these events. The author is clearly Armenian and has much (justified, I think) anger. But, as can be seen by reading through some of the reviews here on this board, it is clear that Armenians and Turks hate each other and, from reading this book, I can see why Armenians feel that way. But, what is lacking is exactly why the Turks feel that way. The book did not make it clear enough to me why the Turkish government would want to take such extreme measures against these people. I don't doubt that they did; I just wanted more background on that and don't think it was there. I suspect that there is a much longer history that needs to be told.Regardless, I recommend the book. ...

Get This Product Burning Tigris, The: The Armenian Genocide and America's Response (Hardcover)

%product_name