Its my choice Blue Microphones Yeti Pro USB Condenser Microphone, Multipattern (Electronics)




%product_name


Its a review about this product

I really wanted to like this microphone. The multi-pattern setup, its slick looks, and good reviews on Amazon and YouTube made me very optimistic. But after owning this for three entire days and testing it against my Samson CO1U (an $80 microphone), I ended up returning it.

PROS:
* Multi-pattern setup.
* Very attractive.
* Decent, though not great, sound quality.

CONS:
* Cost
* Required very high levels of gain (both on the microphone AND in the recording levels of my PC).
* Sound quality was decent, but not worth the cost, for me.

I called Blue Tech Support and they confirmed that the mic required very high levels of gain, but they didn't apologize for it saying "some mics just require higher levels." However I'm using 100% of the gain on the microphone and 90% in my PC's recording settings -- that seems excessive to me.

Installing the Yeti Pro driver was a little weird, too. The microphone didn't "self-discover" on the PC when I plugged in the cable (no big deal). But the directions in the brochure didn't match the steps you really had to perform to install the drivers.

Many have told me that using the analog cables and a separate interface is really the way to go. They're probably spot-on. But I had already exceeded my budget and didn't want to spend any more to make this microphone do what it was already designed to do all by itself. Plus when I called support, Blue confirmed that the digital controls on the Yeti Pro won't work after you hook up the analog cables -- you'd be muting your recordings and adjusting your gain and headphone levels directly from the external interface unit, which you'd have to buy from your local music store (I guess I really shouldn't be surprised here since one is analog and one is digital).

In all, I only used the USB connection and was disappointed. My $80 Samson C01U sounded much better (although it didn't any of the bells and whistles that the Yeti Pro did).

***REGRETTABLY, I GIVE THIS ONE A "2"***

I'm still rooting for Blue to make improvements. It's great company with a great reputation. Maybe I will repurchase this microphone if improvements are made.

Get This One Blue Microphones Yeti Pro USB Condenser Microphone, Multipattern (Electronics)

%product_name