Reviews About The Second Coming of Steve Jobs (Hardcover)




%product_name


The review about this product

The Second Coming of Steve Jobs (Paperback) I bought this book because it focused on the fascinating "lost weekend" of Steve Jobs, starting from his ejection from Apple in 1985 to his return 11 years later. While I devoured the book quickly, the entire work has a stench about it - it reeks of a rushed, vindictive flame job. The book falls apart completely at the end, the author rushes so badly. Almost all sources are individuals thrown out of the Kingdom of Steve (people who have failed him in some way or another) with hardly any input from current Apple directors and executives who have worked successfully with Jobs for decades. By the end I found myself questioning every conclusion the author reaches (which was easy considering he predicted defeat and disgrace that never happened) and wondering to myself, "What's the point?" The general tone is that the author doesn't like Jobs but he also doesn't "get" the man either, and neither do many of the author's sources. One former executive of Applecare described Jobs complaining about tech support at Apple as being a bunch of clueless idiots (at which point the executive is removed from the company) and I thought to myself, tech support at most companies are the rudest people I've ever talked to, yet Apple has ranked #1 in that area for 10 years? Maybe Jobs understands something this author doesn't.

Get This One The Second Coming of Steve Jobs (Hardcover)

%product_name