Its my choice Let the Road Pave Itself (Audio CD)




%product_name


The review about this product

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?) These songs are okay but Larue's lyrics are not particularly well-defined. If one attempts to isolate precisely what Phillip Larue is crooning about it might just take awhile. As I listened, I never could ascertain a strong link with Christianity in his music -- the themes of these tunes are really just a bit nebulous.

That brings me to my chief point, the most unfortunate and prevalent of any that I make in my brief review: the instrumentation pretty much obliterates the vocals. Whomever engineered the master of this particular CD must either lack experience or (surely not!) they didn't care much for Larue's vocals and cut them back way too far.

Larue has a somewhat groaning, Dylan-ish approach to singing... a folksy ambiance. And the actuality of that combination makes it especially imperative that the songs present the listener with a robust message which can be clearly heard, hopefully above the volume of the instruments. That did not happen in this instance.

These twelve Christian/rock/folk cuts aren't actually hateful --I just found them to be generally uninspired in character, a caveat which is clearly essential to this musical genre.

Get This One Let the Road Pave Itself (Audio CD)

%product_name