Reviews About Charismatic Chaos (Mass Market Paperback)




%product_name


Its a review about this product

I was greatly distressed to read that the Vineyard churches have no doctrinal statement in MacArthur's book. Greatly surprised too, as I had a stack of Vineyard Doctrinal Statements (available since 1984) on my desk when I read MacArthur's book! Either he didn't do very much actual research or he deliberately lied. Either way, an apology and a written retraction would be the only truly Christian thing he could do. I bought the book because I was hoping that someone of MacArthur's calibre could perhaps point out some corrections that people in the Vineyard needed to hear. After carefully reading the whole book (several times), I realized that John MacArthut doesn't know much about the Vineyard, although he does offer many distortions and exaggerations. Of course, if he had taken the trouble to actually TALK to John Wimber personally, or allowed him to read an advance copy of "Charismatic Chaos" so that Wimber could clear up any misconceptions or explain himself more thoroughly, this could probably have been averted. But correcting the Vineyard was obviously not on MacArthur's mind - attacking it and spreading disinformation (and selling a lot of books) was. What a waste of a man's intellect and writing ability. P.S. I've been in the Vineyard for years, and I hold a Masters in Theology, as do MANY MANY Vineyard pastors and leaders. The people who labelled charismatics as "anti-intellectual" and "poor thinkers" need to grow up and repent of their conservative arrogance.

Get This One Charismatic Chaos (Mass Market Paperback)

%product_name