Reviews About Motorola H15 Noise Canceling Bluetooth Wireless Headset (Wireless Phone Accessory)




%product_name


Its a review about this product

To date, I've used several older Jabra units, a couple of older Motorolas, and most recently two BlueAnt Z9s and a Plantronics Voyager 520. I lost one of my Z9s and stepped on the other one. I really liked the BlueAnt units but my wife wasn't impressed with the call quality. After the demise of the Ants, I picked up a Plantronics Voyager 520 from Wal-Mart because I needed something quickly and the reviews were fairly positive. As indicated by my Amazon review, I was less than pleased with the Voyager 520.

Now, on to the Motorola H15 Motopure. Below are the essential criteria by which I judge my BT headsets and how the H15 stacks up.

- Call quality: As noted in my Plantronics review, the most important factor is the quality of the call for the other party... which is most often my wife. If she can't hear me clearly she becomes irritated and demands that I revert to the handset. The Motorola gets high marks for call quality. As a matter of fact, it's the first BT headset I've used that she hasn't made a derisive comment about. The noise canceling seems to work very well. It's the first headset I've been able to use with the car windows down. Clearly, the noise canceling is superior to that of the BlueAnt and Plantronics units I owned previously.

- Earpiece volume: The other pet peeve my wife has is repeating herself. If I can't hear her and have to ask her to repeat herself, it's not good. The H15 barely passes this test. It definitely could be louder. The Plantronics unit excelled in this area which was it's only redeeming quality. If the H15 was louder, it would be absolutely perfect for me.

- Comfort: The retail version of the H15 comes with quite a few ear buds to tailor the fit to the individual user. I found a suitable ear bud and the device is reasonably comfortable for extended usage (1-2 hours).

The H15 also comes with a nice charging stand, is multi-point capable, and the flip open/close boom is a great feature. It quickly re-pairs with my Omnia and hasn't lost BT connectivity yet. The buttons are fairly easy to manipulate and overall the H15 is aesthetically pleasing, relatively speaking.

In summary, the H15 is the best BT headset I've used. It edges out the BlueAnt Z9 ever so slightly. As a matter of fact, I was debating between the H15 and the BlueAnt Z9i. While I'm sure I would like the Z9i, in no way do I regret the purchase of the H15, especially at the price point I paid ($49.99 for the retail package). It would have garnered five stars if the earpiece volume was louder.

It's a wonderful feeling knowing I won't have to shop for another BT headset for a long while. Thanks Motorola, job well done with the H15.

Get This Product Motorola H15 Noise Canceling Bluetooth Wireless Headset (Wireless Phone Accessory)

%product_name