Faith-building biography




%product_name


Its a review about this product

As a writer, (I wrote Building Wealth for Building the Kingdom: A Financial Planning Guide for Latter-day Saint Families) I found the book to be exactly what you'd want it to be: a faith-promoting, inspiring biography that allows you to grow closer to the living prophet.

The book is clearly written principally for faithful Latter-day Saints. Others will find the book interesting, but lacking in the sorts of details that would give the book an investigative feel. Swinton did not seek to expose the unknown man, instead she sought to affirm the view of the public man.

The book follows his life, much as we've heard it from President Monson himself over the years. He's always been an open book, having nothing to fear from sharing. He's done nothing that would embarrass himself or the Church. Each phase of his life is built around a central challenge or theme that allows you to experience the development of a prophet in a logical progression.

When I finished the book, I both felt that I knew the prophet better and felt my faith in his divine calling affirmed.

One note: I generally like shorter, lighter books, but found that Swinton's story-telling ability kept the pace of the book moving at a clip that allowed me to enjoy this rather lengthy tome.

Get This One To the Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson (Hardcover)

%product_name