True review after real use




%product_name


The review about this product

So I have been using these for over 2 weeks now, and have finally decided to give my review. I'm writing this as unbiased as possible and will try to hit the main points "featured" with this product.

Comfort: Everyone talks about how comfortable these are, but many may be disappointed. True, they are very lightweight and do not produce much pressure anywhere, except for one place. This happens to be right where the plastic rests on top of the ear. For some reason, Logitech did not extend the silicon to that portion, so it is just plastic resting on top of the ear. This happens only with movement however, as the headset will creep down onto your ear and push slightly harder. Then again, who doesn't move their head while on their computer or console, especially for gaming.

Sound: The sound is fairly impressive, although they are open headphones so don't expect it to be as great as the closed, noise canceling headsets that are $100+. As for the difference between connecting through 3.5mm jacks or USB, there is a difference. Others have said there is no difference, but a quick search will tell you how they are better through USB. Basically, they produce better highs and lows, which I found to be true as well. As an example, I listened to JasonYangViolin on youtube, his FF13 Cover, and immediately could distinguish a difference between the drums hitting the low. Through the 3.5mm jacks, the bass is not that great, but the USB provides a nice extra boost and you get a little kick. If you wanted to test this, just try any song that features some nice bass in it and listen through both connections, you will notice a difference.

Microphone: With the nice rotating and flexible mic, it does not get in my way at all. I Skype with my girlfriend and asked her to tell me which sounded better, my old Plantronics behind-the-neck headset or this new one. She said there was a significant difference between quality, although I can't say much because the headset is 5+ years old. She said I sounded much more clear and crisp, which was good to know. I also use it for PC and PS3 gaming, and haven't had one complaint about someone not hearing me, so I assume it's great.

Functionality: Being that they come with a USB connector, the ability to go 3.5mm or USB is a great bonus. It has a simple Velcro strap that can hold excess wire if you're close to your computer/laptop like me. It also has the in-line volume control and mic mute. Nothing great about it, but nice to be able to mute the mic without having to use the computer. The build also seems very durable as others have said. Very flexible, but rigid where it needs to be to give it support. Adjustable back part is nice, but seems like they made it for HUGE heads! I have a fairly large head (7 and 3/8 hat size), and I only extend it about 6 clicks over the 20 or so total. One great feature, however, is the ability for the actual speaker part to flex in all directions. This places the speaker at the best position to give you maximum quality sound.

Overall: I gave it a 4/5 because of it's versatility as both a mobile headset (LOL at this... is it really much harder to bring ANY headset?) and it's ability to be used by many different machines (3.5mm jack or USB for computers and consoles). The only reason it is missing a star is because of the comfort issue. Although you will not notice it at first, your ears will remind you when you take them off 1+ hour later. It's not a deal breaker, as I'm sure I will get used to them, but it also isn't too painful that you're going to be distracted while using them.

Take It Now ! Logitech Gaming Headset G330 (Black) (Personal Computers)

%product_name